Over the past few months NSW has come back to life, following the lockdowns experienced due to COVID. While we are seeing more people out and about catching up with family and friends and attending in-person events — we would like to ensure that everyone travels to and from their destination safely by following a few simple safety tips.
The health and safety of everyone within the point to point transport industry is our top priority, which includes passengers, drivers and service providers too.
Our safety message and helpful tips can be found on the back of taxis, at the airport, in local venues, and online.
Remember, when travelling in taxi and rideshare services, you should always:
- Make sure the car registration details match your booking confirmation
- Check the driver’s name and photo against the service provider’s booking app (where applicable)
- If you want to make a complaint, take note of the number plate and the service provider
- Use the service provider’s in-app safety features
- Tell a friend or family member that you’re on your way and when they can expect to see you
- Never accept a ride from somebody who approaches you
Travelling in regional NSW? Here’s what you should do:
- Always wait for your ride in a well-lit area. If there is no lighting available, use the torch function on your phone so that you’re clearly visible to drivers.
- Where possible, catch a taxi from a secure taxi rank – we have 33 across regional-NSW that operate late every Friday and Saturday night
Have you recently witnessed or experienced unsafe behaviour?
Everyone who experiences or witnesses criminal behaviour in a point to point transport vehicle is urged to contact the police.
Please share these safety tips with your network – these are simple safety measures that can help everyone to get home safe!