Online short courses have been developed to help support service providers and other members of the point to point industry understand their legal responsibilities and safety obligations.
An introduction to authorised service providers
This course is designed for individuals and organisations who are interested in becoming either a booking Service Provider or a Taxi Service Provider. It explains the responsibilities, requirements and obligations of becoming an authorised service provider.
The course has 8 lessons which cover:
- An introduction to the Point to Point Transport Commission
- Service Provider responsibilities and standards
- Driver Management on the DVD
- Notifiable Occurrences
- Safety Management
- Risk Management
Courses currently under development
This course is for authorised service providers to explain driver management. The course has 4 lessons which cover:
- Driver onboarding
- Driver eligibility
- Disqualifying offences
- Ongoing driver management
Passenger Service Levy
This course has one lesson and explains the Passenger Service Levy.
From a mobile device
- Install the app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store
- Open the app and swipe through the introduction screens then tap 'OK' to enable notifications.
Tap 'Create an EdApp account'
- Enter your email address and the code 'pointtopoint'
- Enter your email address and create a password
Tap on 'Register my account'
You're ready to go!
From a laptop or desktop
- Visit the Ed App website
- Hover your mouse over “LOG IN” at the top right and select “LEARN – Access your lessons”
- Click on “Create an Ed App account”
- Enter your email address and the code “pointtopoint”
- Enter your email address again and select “Register my account”