Industry Information Sessions
The NSW Point to Point Transport Commission invites local hire vehicle, community transport, tourism industry transport operators and those with small buses (12 seats or less) to attend an information session about the point to point transport laws in NSW.
- Background to the law
- How to become authorised?
- What is a passenger service
- Key elements of the law
- What do I need to do to be compliant with the new laws
- What is a safety management system
- The Passenger Service Levy
- How to register as a tax payer
If you attended Point to Point Transport Commission events in August and September 2017 you may already have an understanding of the topics covered and you may not need to attend again.
These workshops are designed to provide new entrants to the point to point transport industry with the information they need to comply with the law. It will assist existing service providers with specific issues they may be experiencing or questions they may have. Those requiring further information on the following topics are encouraged to attend:
- Why the changes to the law
- What is covered by the law
- What is a passenger service and what is not
- What are my safety obligations
- What should be in my Safety Management System
- How do I become authorised
- What do I need to do to register as a tax payer for the Passenger Service Levy
- How do I count and report passenger service transactions for the Passenger Service Levy
After the presentation staff will be available to provide one to one assistance with any queries you may have.