Users of the NSW Point to Point Transport Commission website are entitled to expect that any information gathered as a result of that use will be treated within the terms of the NSW Government's privacy responsibilities and obligations. The NSW Government's privacy practices are regulated by the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW).
Information we collect
When you access the pages on the NSW Point to Point Transport Commission website, the computers on which the site is hosted automatically record information that identifies, for each page accessed:
- IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine which has accessed it
- your top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk)
- address of your server
- date and time of your visit to the site
- pages accessed and documents downloaded
- previous site or page visited
- time you spend browsing the site
- type of browser and operating system you have used
Only some of this information may be considered personal information.
Cookies are not generally used on the NSW Point to Point Transport Commission site to track information. Nor does the NSW Point to Point Transport Commission generally link information automatically gathered through its website with personal data about specific individuals. For exceptions see below.
Feedback that we receive from you through the website will be managed according to the ‘What we do with feedback information’ section further below.
How we use information collected
The information collected during each visit is aggregated with similar logged information and published in statistical reports in order for the NSW Point to Point Transport Commission to identify usage patterns for the site. This will assist us in improving the NSW Point to Point Transport Commission website and the services offered on it.
The NSW Point to Point Transport Commission will not disclose or publish information that identifies individual machines, or potentially identifies sub-groupings of addresses, without consent or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW).
Other uses and disclosures
The NSW Point to Point Transport Commission may collect, use and disclose more extensive information than stated above in certain circumstances, including:
- unauthorised attempts to access files which are not published on the NSW Point to Point Transport Commission website pages
- unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on the NSW Point to Point Commission Transport website
- unauthorised attempts to index the contents of the NSW Point to Point Transport Commission website by other sites
- attempts to intercept messages of other users of the NSW Point to Point Transport Commission website
- communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or which give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed
- attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server, breach the laws of the State of New South Wales or Commonwealth of Australia, or interfere with the enjoyment of the NSW Point to Point Transport Commission website by other users
- where the use of the NSW Point to Point Transport Commission raises a suspicion that an offence is being, or has been, committed
- when otherwise permitted or required to by law.
Storing information securely
Information collected is stored in an appropriately secure format and held for archival purposes. When the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected it is deleted.
Access to information within the NSW Point to Point Transport Commission
If you wish to access or seek correction of your personal information, further information is available on the Transport Privacy page.
What we do with feedback information
If you provide your contact details via the Contact Us page or any other link on this website, this information will only be used for the primary purpose for which it was provided, or for directly related purposes. We will not disclose your information to any third party unless you consent, or where permitted or required by law.
Providing personal information to us is voluntary. However, we may not be able to assist you if we do not have any way of communicating with you.
Your information will be managed by the NSW Point to Point Transport Commission at its head office in O’Riordan Street, Mascot. You can ask to access or amend your personal information held by us. Further information on how we manage personal information is available on the Transport Privacy page.
Updates to this policy
Due to the developing nature of privacy principles for online communication, this policy may be modified or expanded in light of new developments or issues that may arise from time to time. The amended policy will be posted to this site and will operate from the time it is posted.