Point to point transport drivers are advised of changed traffic conditions including major road closures on Sunday 25 April in the Sydney CBD for the annual Anzac Day Dawn Service in Martin Place from 4.15am and March along Elizabeth Street from 9am.
Road closures will be in place at the following times and locations:
• From 2am to 4pm: George Street and Pitt Street will be closed between Hunter and King streets at Martin Place
• From 6am to 4pm: key roads along and surrounding the march route between Bridge St and Goulburn St including sections of Castlereagh, Elizabeth, King, Market, Hunter, Bent, Park, Bathurst, Phillip and Liverpool Streets.
Drivers are advised to allow extra travel time through the Sydney CBD while closures are in place and to follow the directions of traffic controllers and NSW Police on site.
Drivers can utilise a temporary taxi rank for the event located on the western side of Wentworth Avenue at Liverpool Street from 6am until 3pm. Alternatively drivers can utilise existing taxi ranks outside of the road closure footprint.
Accessible drop off and pick up zones for Anzac Day participants and spectators will also be available at the following locations:
• Macquarie Street at Martin Place (western side, outside St Stephen’s Church)
• Pitt Street approaching Market Street (eastern side, outside Piccadilly Shopping Centre)
• Wynyard Street off York Street
• Castlereagh Street at Market Street (western side)
Special event clearway parking restrictions will also be in effect on various roads in the Sydney CBD from 1am to 4pm on sections of Clarence Street and Pitt Street and from 5:30am to 4pm on major roads between Bridge Street and Goulburn Street. Clearways are strict no-parking zones and vehicles left in clearway will be towed, and a fee applies.
For detailed road closure and clearway listings including maps, as well as updates on real-time traffic conditions download the Live Traffic NSW App, visit livetraffic.com or call 132 701.